Whether you have a degree in history or are still studying to earn your degree in history, you’ll be happy to know that there are more than a handful of job opportunities for you to choose from.
Recent research revealed that one of the top job vacancies would be for a historical interpreter that are available for either part-time or full-time positions. Interested? Read on to learn more.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- General knowledge of the living history museum where you will be working including all the artifacts on exhibit.
- Historical knowledge as required by the living history museum.
- Dressing yourself in historically accurate costumes.
- Conducting and leading guest tours throughout the facility on a daily basis during operating hours.
- Demonstration of historical craft skills using the museum’s available hands-on tools.
- Teaching skill and a friendly, engaging, and respectful demeanor are a plus to provide guests with a high quality and memorable experience that would make them come back for more (instead of the just one-time visit).
Salary Range and Benefits
- Salary on offer would vary depending on the organization that is offering the vacant position.
- Generally, salaries would range between $9 and $20 per hour.
- Benefits may or may not be available.
While different organizations would have different qualification requirements from its applicants, some of the most common minimum qualifications include:
- At least 18 years of age upon application.
- Interest and knowledge of history.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated. Able to work independently, or with a team, with little to no supervision.
- Willing to work on holidays or weekends.
If you are interested in getting a job as a historical interpreter, I highly recommend that you carefully read the job details and what it requires of the applicant before submitting your resume.
Some jobs vacancies are only available for seasonal positions while others accept both part-time and full-time applicants.
In cases where the job being offered is located within a university, there is a chance that the position is only available for enrolled students in the said university.
So why not update your resume and see what vacancies appeal to you!